REASONS FOR VAPOURIZING:
* from The Botany and Chemistry of Cannabis, Joyce and Curry
- Activation of THC acids in cannabis (decarboxylation); this occurs
at around 103 degrees Celcius with vapourization at around 180-200
degrees. Smoking performs this process but is reported to destroy between
40 and 98% of the THC (Korte, Miras etc.*).
- The 'smoke' is much cooler and easier in the lungs.
- The high is subtly different from that obtained with other methods.
- The higher efficiency saves you money.
- Tubular low-voltage soldering iron element of about 10-15 Watts
(a 24V 45Watt element will give about 12watts from a supply
of 12V (1 Amp).
Do not attempt to use a mains voltage element in this set-up --
it would be dangerous enough when surrounded by non-stoned people
- Wooden base about 3 - 6 inches diameter.
- Empty plastic drinks bottle 1 - 2L size.
- Push button switch.
- Aluminium foil.
- Power supply to suit element.
soldering iron element
|___| pack with aluminium foil to
|xxx| / 1/2 inch from top
mounting flange |xxx| heavy base (so it won't fall over)
\ |xxx| /
connect these wires to supply via screw terminals and push button switch.
Cut off the top of the plastic bottle about 6" from the top. Discard the lid.
This 'funnel' fits over the element, possibly over the base depending on size.
there's an obvious bowl in the tube, fill this with your favorite hash (the
bowl could be longer for grass). Supply the element with juice and either:
Then pass it on....
- allow the funnel to fill + take a hit
- breathe continuously while vapours are evolved
A car cigarette lighter will suffice in the absence of a soldering iron element
in this case use a 5 volt ex-computer transformer for the supply. This may need
to be rated at up to 5 amps.
Remember -- you don't want to cause your gear to burn, if it gets too
hot just release the power button one in a while. Practice makes perfect *&)
The Sputnik THC Vaporizer Pages.
The Sputnik Drug Information Zone