References to nitrous oxide
- Lancet, Vol.2 no.8102, 9 Dec. 1978, pg 1227-1230,
Myeloneuropathy after prolonged exposure to nitrous oxide.
- the B12 deficiency. Doesn't look like a real
problem without very heavy use or very low
- Lancet, Aug12, 1978, pg339-342, Megaloblastic hemopoiesis
in patients receiving nitrous oxide.
- Anaesthesiology, 1978, Dec67(6) 960-964,
- sorry, havn't got the title, this is about teratogenic effects
- Anaesthesia, 34, 1979, pg147-151,
- nitrous hazardous for patients with ear surgery or ear
disease. Forgot to mention this problem in the previous post. Does
not appear to be a problem if your ears are healthy.
- Seminars in Surgical Oncology, 1990, 6(3), 141-147
- cancer, cause or cure? Haven't read this one (not in the local
- Abuse of volatile substances, information paper 2, (Australian)
Commonwealth Department of Health, Drugs of Dependency branch, 1984,
- this is a great reference, a small booklet on
N2O, patterns of
abuse, obtainability, toxicity and side effects, etc. Probably
difficult to get outside of Australia, but worth trying for.
- Acta Anae. Scand. 1985 29 pg 635-638
- study on volunteers looking at acute tolerance, subjective and
- Review of inhalants: Euphoria to Dysfuntion, Sharp, C.W. and
Brehm, M. L. (editors), NIDA research monograph no.15,
U.S. Government Printing Office, October 1977
- this contains two articles, Abuse of Inhalation Anaesthetic
drugs, by M.B. Chenoweth, and Preclinical Behavioural toxicology
of Inhalant solvents, by R.E. Bowman, that are probably
- American Journal of Forensic Medical Pathology, 1988, Mar
9(1), pg 60-63, Death by nitrous oxide: an interesting case of
- American Journal of Forensic Medical Pathology, 1989, Dec
10(4), pg 330-331,
The Sputnik Nitrous Oxide Pages.
The Sputnik Drug Information Zone