Louisiana State Act 159
Signed into law June 28, 2005 and effective August 8, 2005, Louisiana State Act No 159 found in, Louisiana RS 40:989.1, outlawed the cultivation, possession or sale of 40 known hallucinogenic plants in the state of Louisiana. However, use of the plants "strictly for aesthetic, landscaping, or decorative purposes" was allowed.
The following were declared "hallucinogenic plants" by the bill:
- Amanita muscaria (Actually a fungus, not a plant)
- Anadenanthera colubrina
- Anadenanthera peregrina
- Atropa belladonna
- Banisteriopsis spp.
- Brugmansia arborea
- Brunfelsia spp.
- Calea zacatechichi
- Conocybe spp. (Actually a genus of fungi, not plants)
- Datura spp.
- Erythrina spp. (spelled Erythina in the bill)
- Genista canariensis
- Heimia salicifolia (spelled Heimia salicfolia in the bill)
- Hyoscyamus niger
- Ipomoea violacea
- Kaempferia galanga
- Lagochilus inebrians (spelled Lagoehilus inebrians in the bill)
- Latua pubiflora (syn. Lycioplesium pubiflorum)
- Mandragora officinarum
- Mesembryanthemum spp.
- Methysticodendron amesianum
- Mimosa hostilis
- Oldmedioperebea sclerophylla (spelled Olmedioperebea sclerophylla in the bill; syn. Maquira sclerophylla)
- Panaeolus spp.(Actually a genus of fungi, not plants)
- Pancratium trianthum (spelled Pancreatium trianthum in the bill)
- Peganum harmala
- Physalis subglabrata
- Prestonia amazonica (syn. Haemadictyon amazonicum)
- Psilocybe spp. (Actually a genus of fungi, not plants)
- Rhynchosia spp.
- Rivea corymbosa
- Salvia divinorum
- Solanum carolinense
- Sophora secundiflora
- Stropharia spp. (Actually a genus of fungi, not plants)
- Tabernanthe iboga
- Tetrapteris methystica
- Vinca rosea (syn. Catharanthus roseus)
- Virola spp.
- Text of RS 40:989.1 Louisiana State Law Webpage
- Text of HLS_05RS-52
- UNODC The plant kingdom and hallucinogens, Part I, II, III - This document appears to be the source of information the Louisiana legislators used regarding which species are hallucinogenic.
|30x30px30x30px||This article relating to law in the United States, or its constituent jurisdictions is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|