Internet Drug Resources
- The Sputnik Drug
Information Zone. Intended to be an on-line hypertextual
encyclopedia of practical information on altered states of
consciousness. Includes a great mushroom-grower's section and
entries for dozens of legal psychoactive plants, including
information on cultivation and commercial availability.
- Mind Food
of the Gods. Several of Terence McKenna's raps done up in
- The Fitz Hugh
Ludlow Hypertext Library. The life and works of Fitz Hugh Ludlow,
information on pre-prohibition cannabis use in the United States, &c.
Includes the complete text of Ludlow's "The Hasheesh Eater," and
drug-related writings of Thomas DeQuincey, Bayard Taylor, Louisa May
Alcott, Bayard Taylor, Charles Baudelaire, etc.
- The Lycaeum -- An extremely well-thought-out and -composed site for the psychonaut. Features web pages, member-run mailing lists, and anonymous mail piped through remailers for greater security. I can't say enough about the value of this site.
- Mind Books -- I don't usually go ga-ga about commercial sites, but this one's a winner. It's a mail-order book catalog specializing in psychedelia. They've got books I was sure were out-of-print and impossible to find, and at very reasonable prices. If you're looking to beef up your psychedelic library, look no further.
- The Lindesmith Center -- a drug policy research institute.
- International Foundation of Drug Policy and Human Rights.
- Centre for Drug Research at the University of Amsterdam.
- Lysergic labs homepage -- Last I checked the psychedelics area was under construction, but it's looking to be a nice site.
- ChemExper Home Page search for chemicals by name or formula and get a listing of companies that sell it.
- WWW Chemicals -- combining the catalogs of chemical companies.
- The Alchemist's Den: A list of internet resources on organic chemistry.
- Chemical Separations -- copies of lecture presentations given in a course on chemical separations (chromatography and such).
- Disembodied Eyes. Great information and nice graphics.
- Chemistry on the WWW -- a good index.
- The Secret Leri Home Page... Brought to you by the Leri Institute for Much Higher Learning.
- Stargate magazine. Log on, tune in, take over!
- The Visionary Plants List.
- Psychoactive stuff
- A Layperson's Short Classification of Psychotherapeutic Drugs.
- NeuRoROOM Homepage -- Where you can buy Dutch cannabis for delivery anywhere in the world, or so they claim.
- The Mind's High.
- Legendary Ethnobotanical
Resources. The kind of plants you'll be interested in.
- The Deoxyribonucleic
Hyperdimension. Colorful, graphically-intense, but hard to find
your way around in.
- Drug Education Page.
- Phytochemical and
Ethnobotanical Databases. From the U.S.D.A. National Germplasm
- Psychoactive Substances. Debaser's site -- lots of stuff.
- Religious and Sacred Texts -- Lots of texts from lots of sects.
Explore the properties of plants through a saturated web of
hyperlinks. Informative and big.
- Psychedelic Abstracts Online. Searchable database of over 3,000 abstracts for articles related to psychedelics.
- Exit and Entrances: Western and Shamanic constructions of death.
- Algy's Herb page catalog -- Herbs as medicine.
- The Cheech
& Chong home page: Well-produced source of information on the
works of these stoner humorists.
- Changes: Celebrating Our
Growing Consciousness. Includes "The Mystic Sharing Place" --
interactive sharing of our mystical experiences, on or off
- The Libra
Project -- Alcohol & drug awareness. Looks like a good middle
path between Nancy Reagan and Timothy Leary.
- Ecolution -- hemp information and
- Drug Expressive Art -- focusing on the promotion and production of art that is related to the drug problem in the USA.
- Psyche's Seaside Garden:
Hoti Products, Hawaiian source of rare plants.
- Only Users
Lose Drugs. Another fine hot list, with nice pictures.
- Flashback Magazine. Your
guess is as good as mine.
- Go Ask
Alice about your drug & alcohol concerns. In a question-and-answer
- Toon's Garden of Dutch
Cannabis. Pictures, links, info on the cannabis culture in the
- Hyperreal. Usenet FAQs, hypertext
books, blotter art, directories on psychedelics, stimulants,
depressants, dissociatives, nootropics, empathogens and entheogens.
Also raves, PiHKAL.
- European Hyperreal Mirror.
Times. Assorted articles, cartoons and photos from the magazine.
Much better than the average corporate tease site. Back issues too.
- Multidisciplinary Association for
Psychedelic Studies. Rick Doblin's hard-working psychedelic
research group. Lots of good, up-to-date information.
- Paranoia Drug Information
Server. Mostly a front-end to an enormous FTP site of drug
information, but plenty of other pages as well. This should be one
of your first stops when you're looking for information.
RE-legalization Page. Frequently updated cannabis legalization
page. Well-organized outbound links.
- Cliff Schaffer's Home
Page. How to stop the war on drugs. Practical and useful
information for fighting the good fight.
- Psychoactive Drugs
Index. Hypertext version of LSD: My Problem Child
and a couple of texts in Finnish.
- Island Group.
Group founded by Bruce Eisner: new psychedelic
compounds, VR, utopian community, the new physics, brain machines, multimedia,
- Heffter Research Institute.
Furthering scientific research on consciousness, psychedelic drugs and
- Ethnopharmacology Gates.
Links to pertinent sites.
- The Ibogaine
Story. An entheogenic cure for heroin addiction.
- Marijuana Policy Project.
Working the harm-minimization angle on marijuana policy.
- Forfeiture Endangers American
Rights. Battling asset forfeiture exceptions to the Bill of
- DrugTexT. The
International Foundation on Drug Policy and Human Rights.
- Americans for Compassionate Use.
Denis Peron's medical marijuana advocacy group.
- A Guided Tour of the War on Drugs
courtesy of the Drug Reform Coordination Network.
- Drug Culture Through
History. Historical texts and images detailing drug use in
- The Alchemical
Garden at the Edge of Time. Terence McKenna's very own site.
More than just a virtual hyperspace toke.
- Psychopharmacology Tips. Tasty stuff. A great collection, mostly concentrating on antidepressants, but branching out.
Photosynthesis. Storefront: audio-visual material from Feynman,
Tim Leary, John Lilly, Terence McKenna, psychedelics, shamanism,
religion, and so on. 2000-item catalog.
- Hemp BC. Hemp store, Cannabis
Canada Magazine, bud photos to make your eyes turn red, first-rate
- National NORML Homepage.
Over 10 million marijuana arrests since 1965, another one every 90
seconds. Have a look.
- Analytical Services Inc.
The $75 mail-in-your-urine confidential drug test folks.
- Carl E. Olsen's Marijuana
- E for Ecstasy.
The complete text of the book, plus up-to-date information on the
international X scene.
- Drug Corner. Front
end to a filesystem with lots of drug files.
HempWeb. Miscellaneous hemp refs.
- A short introduction to smart drugs -- well done.
- Pharmaceutical Information Network Home Page.
- Psychedelic Tabby Cabal. Meow. Damn it!
- Council on Spiritual Practices.
Currently focusing on spiritual applications of entheogenic
substances. Home of CSP Entheogens mailing list.
- The Entheogen Law
Reporter. Brief issue summary of TELR, subscription information.
Blurbs from heavyweights.
Books. Large selection of drug reading. Everything you could
- Web of
Possibilities. Historical information, and other resources.
Trigger. Terence McKenna, Dennis McKenna, politics of
- MurpleWeb: Anti-Drug Propaganda.
The lunacy from the other side displayed.
Dextromethorphan, LSD, and extacy files & FAQs.
- Osteopathic Medicine. For
those who believe that you can create your own remedies internally,
a set of resources.
- OnLine Mendelian
Inheritance in Man. A catalog of human genes and genetic
Virtual Library. From the WWW Virtual Library.
- National Institutes of Health home
- The Up in Smoke Shop selling
exotic "tobacco" smoking products.
- UK Cannabis Internet
Activists. Good site; lots of stuff on grass with a U.K. bent.
- Woodpecker Concepts
Pipeline. Marijuana mousepads, &c.
- The Grateful Dead.
- Pink Floyd links.
- Drug Dependence Research Center at UCSF.
- UWEC Gopher
Archive. One of the oldest drug archives on the net. Kind of
- Hyperreal drug archives.
All sorts of stuff.
- Hyperreal nootropics
archives. "Smart drugs."
- Religion and Psychoactive
Sacraments: A Bibliographic Guide. A 1.3Mb shareware version
available by FTP.
- Carlos Castaneda
Archives. FTP archive of documents related to Carlos Castaneda.
- PIHKaL on-line.
Alexander Shulgin's encyclopedia of phenethylamines.
A few files of interest.
- LSD Anniversary
Commemorative Hypertext Magazines.
The Sputnik Drug Information Zone