12-methoxyibogamine, C20H28N2O (mol. wt. 312.45)
Tihkal #25. This indole alkaloid with a distinctive (and synthetically difficult) seven-membered ring is under investigation as a cure for addiction.
From "Psychedelic Drugs Reconsidered" by Grinspoon and Bakalar:
Psychological effects: Little is known, but the available reports
suggest that it is like harmaline, but less purely visual and
symbolic. The images are often of fountains, tubes, marshy
creatures, white and blue light, and rotating motion.
Explosions of rage directed agains the images of persons and
situations from the past are reported. Childhood fantasies
are reenacted, and a sense of insight and heightened emotion
often accompany the images. The drug taker concentrates on his
inner world and personal past. The effect is easily distinguishable
Taxa Containing Ibogaine:
- Ibogaine FAQ
by firstname.lastname@example.org, originally posted to alt.psychoactives, 1995. Includes a useful bibliography.
- Ibogaine -- The End Of Heroin Withdrawl?
by Alexander Highcrest. From "eye WEEKLY", August 4, 1994, Toronto.
- Ibogaine Info
by Shecky Green, from alt.psychoactives
- Ibogaine article from the Philadelphia Enquirer
July 4, 1992
- Iboga Alkaloids
From The Hallucinogens, by A. Hoffer and M. Osmond, Academic Press, 1967.
- Ibogaine: A Psychedelic Treatment for Drug Addiction.
by Linda Gibson. From "High Times", March 1992
- Extracting Ibogaine from Tabernanthe iboga and Trachelospermum jasminoides
A guide to extracting Ibogaine from J Amer. Chem. soc #80: 123, 1958
- Adam, Eve and Iboga
by Giorgio Samorini (originally published in Integration, vol. 4)
- Iboga-tourism in Central Africa by Nick Sandberg
- Development of Ibogaine as an Anti-Addictive Drug.
A progress report from the University of Miami School of Medicine
Contacts and URLs:
- African Ethnobotanicals (homepage, more info)
Information on Iboga and other sacred plants of Africa
- Erowid (homepage, more info)
"Documenting the Complex Relationship between Humans and Psychoactives"
- Ibogaine Dossier (homepage, more info)
"Contains a wealth of information on ibogaine and its in vivo and in vitro actions, original articles of acclaimed ibogaine researchers, and information on experimental ibogaine treatment."
- Knehnav's Homepage (homepage, more info)
|Created 3/21/2000 18:54:01|
Modified 10/22/2000 14:24:38
|Leda version 1.4.3|