December 19, 2014, 07:44:07 am

Author Topic: Morphine - can u smoke? evaporate?  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Disco Greg

• Even More Contributor
Morphine - can u smoke? evaporate?
« on: August 19, 2002, 01:54:00 pm »
Hey i was just curious..
is it possible to smoke morphine by dipping some form of blotter material in it, and then smoking it with a waterpipe?
Can u evaporate it and inhale it from a spoon or something?
What else can u do to get this in ya without needles?
just pure curiousity.
DG

Offline quasinaut

• Lycaeum Addict
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2002, 06:29:00 pm »
well...havn't done it myself yet ( not till my ( fictional ) poppies come to fruition   ) but basically, if it's morphine *freebase*, you can smoke it, but i think this is rather inefficant. if it's a salt, you can insuffate ( snort ) it, or of course you could just take it orally ( freebase would need to be dissolved in acidic liquid, lemon juice might work? ). taking it orally is inefficant, but it lasts longer.

just make sure you get the dosage right.
Out of the blue, and into the black.

Offline Disco Greg

• Even More Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2002, 09:18:00 pm »
what if it was in liquid form? what could u do then?

Offline meme

• Even More Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2002, 12:13:00 am »
It is incorrect that morphine base is smokable (or at least, easily smokible)  The base can be formed easy enough, but dosen't vaporize well.  Look for an old post by me about this here somewhere/  

Offline quasinaut

• Lycaeum Addict
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2002, 05:51:00 pm »
according to erowid, smoking is possible, but difficult, and as i said, very inefficant, so few people do it.

Offline Moriarty

• ChemGod
  • Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2002, 07:17:00 am »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 01:52:34 pm by ... »
"The bus came by and I got on, that's when it all began" -Grateful Dead

Offline mrfixit

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2002, 12:36:00 pm »
Well it's definitely possible with the freebase (you will have to convert it to this from the sulfate salt typically used in pills however).
After all, opium is traditionally smoked, and it's certainly active that way.
Give it a try if you'd like.
Try to vaporize rather than burn your freebase, perhaps by heating from below in a glass pipe.

Sweet dreams,

-Aleph

Offline quasinaut

• Lycaeum Addict
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2002, 11:08:00 pm »
bear in mind that the smoked doses are considerably lower than if it is taken orally.

btw, since i will hopefully get a nice load of morphine myself soon ( in a dream ), would this be a good method of smoking it ( the freebase ) :

put in the bottom of a test tube with bung and tube coming out of it, heat tube carefully with torch lighter / gas flame until M starts to vaporise, suck through tube? or would you need to cool the vapor first?

Offline IRONDALE

• Fledgling Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2002, 05:25:00 pm »
I've been out of touch a while, so I'm responding to a post that's over three weeks old, but I wonder how strong is the liquid you would theoretically have? Is it like 50mg per ml or something less than that? Most people looking for kicks would put it up their arm, but that's not your style, good for you. I also want to know if one could smoke MS Contin? Would all that waxy shit do your lungs in? What about Morphine Sulphate immediate release (Statex)?
Nobody ever got up in the morning and said "I think I'll go out and become a dope addict today"

Offline Moriarty

• ChemGod
  • Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2002, 01:24:00 pm »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 01:52:12 pm by ... »
"The bus came by and I got on, that's when it all began" -Grateful Dead

Offline quasinaut

• Lycaeum Addict
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2002, 06:24:00 am »
hmm, that might work, but its almost always better to freebase to minimize breakdown, if you can do it safely and easily.

Offline IRONDALE

• Fledgling Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2002, 01:34:00 pm »
So how, exactly, did Moriarity do this thing? Did you crush the time release (MS Contin) and place on aluminum foil? What was the eeffect?
Nobody ever got up in the morning and said "I think I'll go out and become a dope addict today"

Offline Peyote_Coyote

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2002, 02:22:00 am »
I have imagined many things about morphine smoking and haven't real;ly come to a solid conclusion. What I have learned is that the controlled release cap's (the ones around here are labeled m-elson 100 or 80 or whatever and are full of little gray waxy balls.) You can smoke the shit right out of the cap either ground up or in balls. The wax makes the smoke taste super gross but doesn't really seem to fuck you up too bad. The trick is to heat slowly from below until thin smoke forms(it will be kinda black if the wax is in very light gray otherwise) then inhale. If you pour the balls into a spoon with water and then heat, all the wax will float to the top and kinda pool together which you can like scoop off(this is what junkies do before they shoot the shit around here), then pour this into a glass bowl (crack pipe but big) pipe and slowly heat the water up so it boils off, some vapor will come off so inhale that and then when the water is gone smoke will appear so inhale that to.

Nobody really does this though, it is way better just to grind up the balls and insulfate them (or just take this pills) keep in mind though that a cancer patients 100mg pills will kill your ass so go easy.
pc

Offline quasinaut

• Lycaeum Addict
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2002, 08:18:00 am »
kick your ass as in it could kill you if you tried to smoke or snort it. even if you were taking it orally, 100mg would be pretty risky for a normal person...

Offline Peyote_Coyote

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2002, 06:50:00 am »
Ya, kick your ass as in kill you dead. A cancer patient can take an oral 100mgs 'cause he's been taking them for two years straight, someone who has never done it before who ate a 100mg would in my opion probably be killed.

pc

Offline quasinaut

• Lycaeum Addict
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2002, 08:00:00 am »
yeah.
opiates are surely risky things from the OD point of view...

Offline IRONDALE

• Fledgling Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2002, 12:16:00 pm »
I've been on morphine for back pain for over six years,and I can tell you that you do not want to fuck with 100mg first time. If you take 100mg of time release orally, it takes 12 hours to dissolve in your gut, so that's like taking about thirty mg every four hours. There's some info on peak absorption rates at www.rxlist.com,  but that's roughly it. If you crush it or something to beat the time release factor, you are taking it all at once. Think of it this way: if you are in a car accident and cut your leg off with a piece of twisted jagged steel, they will hit you with 10mg. After six years, I take 100mg at a time, but if I make an error and double up, I get very, very sleepy. I can't get a buzz anymore; after a while that stops working and the best you can hope for is a totally screwed up night's sleep. Morphine in large doses causes a weird type of insomnia, where you can't stay awake, but you can't stay asleep, either. You get some extremely strange dreams, though.
Anyways, DO NOT take 100mg the first time, or even if you haven't taken any for several weeks. Your tolerance goes back down, too. My advice: 30mg is all the marbles, and try that with great caution, like have somebody straight with you.